Hill Haven Kennel AGREES:
- Breeder guarantees that puppy is free of any known disease or defect at the time of sale and will provide buyer with complete health records including shots, deworming, and full veterinary examination. If puppy is being shipped, health records will be shipped to buyer. In order to validate this warranty, Buyer must have puppy examined, at Buyer’s cost, by a reputable licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of taking ownership, and must be able to provide proof of examination. If any health issues that would deem the puppy at risk of euthanasia or death due to congenital defect are identified by the veterinarian, a call must be made immediately by the new owner and the veterinarian to advise Hill Haven Kennels of the issue. Upon written confirmation by a licensed veterinarian and the return of the puppy and papers to Hill Haven Kennels within three days of the exam, buyer can choose to have breeder replace puppy or issue a full refund of the purchase price, less fees for shipping.
- Breeder guarantees the dog will have no birth defect that would cause death up to one year old.
- Breeder provides one year guarantee from severe crippling hip or elbow dysplasia. Requires x-ray from veterinarian, taken, dated and submitted before the puppy’s age of one year, with a confirmation of diagnosis backed by OFA.
- Breeder provides one year guarantee from severe heart murmurs. A “severe” heart murmur is one that requires imminent surgery for survival. Requires an echogram administered by a canine cardiologist to confirm diagnosis.
- Any serious health conditions (congenital birth defects, hip or elbow dysplasia, severe heart murmurs) identified within the warranty period that have been submitted with all required documentation (up to date veterinary and treatment records) will result in buyer’s choice of returning the dog for a full refund, keeping dog or getting a new puppy and receiving a 75% refund. Breeder reserves the right to seek a second opinion or require a DNA sample to confirm lineage is from Hill Haven Kennels. Breeder is not responsible for shipping or training fees.
- Conditions not covered in warranty include (a) worms, fleas, mites, and other parasites that are common to puppies and dogs, (b) stress/environmentally induced disorders such as, but not limited to, kennel cough, pneumonia, hypoglycemia, allergies and other communicable diseases that are beyond Breeder’s control once the puppy leaves Breeder’s premises, and (c) conditions that are minor, correctable or which could go away or which the puppy will likely outgrow. Breeder attempts to breed for only even temperaments and healthy puppies. However, Breeder does not guarantee characteristics of dog such as color, size, or temperament. Puppies are sold only as companion pets and are not warrantied or guaranteed to be fit for breeding or any other function or purpose. Except as expressly set forth in this warranty, Breeder makes no other representations or warranties, express or implied, and all such warranties, including but not limited to any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby disclaimed.